Quality Care From Your Ocoee Cosmetic Dentists
A beautiful smile can leave a great first impression, which is why many of our patients come to us to improve the overall appearance of their smile. At Classic Smiles, we offer a comprehensive range of family, implant and cosmetic dentistry services to the community of Ocoee, Florida, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced and certified dentists, Drs. Susanne Baaqee and Mikal Baquee, proudly provide inlays and onlays for our patients with damaged teeth.
What Are Inlays and Onlays?
Considered more conservative than dental crowns, inlays and onlays are two methods of restoring normal tooth structure after decay or other damage. These dental restorations are fabricated from a high-strength material like porcelain that is durable, attractive and long-lasting. Unlike traditional dental fillings that are molded into place within the mouth during a dental visit, inlays and onlays are solid pieces that are expertly designed and crafted right in our office before being fitted and bonded to the damaged tooth by your dentist. These precision-designed restorations are often used to replace old, worn or cracked fillings that have become non-functional.
The difference between an inlay and onlay is that an inlay is used when the damage doesn’t reach the cusps of the tooth. Conversely, an onlay is used when the damage extends to one or more of the cusps. Once placed, inlays and onlays will perfectly fit the tooth to help restore the tooth’s health, function and appearance.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Many of our patients are moving towards our Ocoee, FL, inlays and onlays procedure due to the many benefits it provides such as:
- Durability: Inlays and onlays are made from a hard-wearing material which can stand up to everyday biting and chewing forces.
- Strengthening teeth: Unlike traditional metal fillings that can reduce the strength of teeth, inlays and onlays help make the teeth stronger by preserving its structure
- Aesthetically-pleasing: Instead of becoming stained over time like tooth-colored resin fillings often do, inlays and onlays are much more stain-resistant. These restorations are made to perfectly match the color of the natural teeth for great aesthetics.
- Less prone to decay: Because inlays and onlays are precisely fitted, the teeth they’re fitted to are less prone to decay due to the good seal the restorations achieve at the margins.
- Easy to maintain good oral hygiene: Inlays and onlays do not trap plaque in the same way poorly done fillings can, making it easier to keep the teeth clean.
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure Using CEREC Technology
At Classic Smiles, we proudly use CEREC technology to help us prepare, design and deliver new inlays and onlays in just one office visit! With no impressions, temporaries or second appointments needed, you can get your brand new restoration fitted in one convenient visit to our office!
When you visit us for a porcelain inlay or onlay, your Ocoee cosmetic dentists will clean and prepare the tooth. Photos of the tooth will be taken using CEREC imaging technology to design the restoration for your tooth. The completed design of the restoration is transmitted to the CEREC milling machine. Drs. Baaqee will insert a block of porcelain material that matches your tooth color into the milling machine so the inlay or onlay is created. The new restoration will be affixed to the tooth with a strong dental cement
Schedule Your Visit Today!
CEREC inlays and onlays are a great way to replace old restorations, fix cracked teeth, or to repair damage due to decay, for restoring your smile! If you would like to quickly and conveniently restore a tooth with a 1-day CEREC inlay or onlay, it’s time to schedule a visit with us by calling 407-293-3002. We look forward to hearing from you soon!