Ocoee, FL, Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure
Losing a tooth can be an unpleasant experience that directly affects your self-esteem and confidence. As a result, there has been an increasing need for cosmetic dentistry procedures that satisfy the desire to have perfect teeth. Aside from the aesthetic purposes of a beautiful smile, missing a single tooth can shift the alignment of the jaw and create an improper bite. At Classic Smiles, we want to give you the smile that you deserve by offering high quality dental implant procedures in a friendly and comfortable environment. We encourage that you ask any questions about the cosmetic dentistry service during your consultation with our Ocoee, FL, cosmetic dentists, Drs. Susanne and Mikal Baaqee. They will work with you to determine if dental implants are right for you and create an individualized treatment plan that is suitable for your needs.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide a permanent solution for replacing any missing teeth. Since they are designed to blend in with your existing teeth, dental implants have become a popular choice for any tooth replacement procedures. Compared to bridges, dentures, and crowns, you don’t have to worry about your smile, eating, or repairing your dental implants regularly.
Every dental implant includes three parts:
- Implant: A screw that is placed in your jawbone to serve as a root for your new teeth
- Abutment: A connector is used to hold the teeth. It can only be removed by our dentists.
- Crown: A prosthetic tooth that is made of porcelain to appear like your existing teeth
Types of Dental Implants
Whether you are missing one or more teeth, our dentists in Ocoee, FL, offer different types of dental implant procedures to help restore your smile.
- Single tooth implant: A single implant does not involve treating any of the surrounding teeth and functions just like your other natural teeth.
- Multiple tooth implants: If you are missing more than one tooth, then a multiple tooth implant is the best solution. It can act as a bridgework where two screws are implanted on either side of a gap and the crowns are attached over it.
- Support removable dentures: A removable denture can be attached onto the implants to transfer pressure into the bone structure instead of the bone surface. Traditional dentures can accelerate bone loss, which makes the jaw shrink and the dentures slip.
Our Ocoee, FL, Dental Implant Procedure
Our dentists will carefully examine where the implant needs to be placed by taking x-ray photos of your mouth and will then surgically place it into the jawbone. It is normal to experience some swelling or tenderness after the procedure, so we may offer some pain medication to ease the discomfort. We advise that during the healing process that you stay away from hard foods. For the next few months, your jawbone will grow around the implant to hold it in place – a process called osseointegration. Our dentists will then create a custom made dental crown that is designed specifically for you to place over the implant posts. This will restore the health, function, and appearance of your smile.
Contact Your Cosmetic Dentists for An Appointment
Dental implants can last a lifetime when they are properly cared for. Our Ocoee, FL, dentists can help you restore lost facial volume, prevent the remaining teeth from shifting in your mouth, and improve your ability to eat, chew, and speak normally. If you have any questions about our dental implants procedure or any of our other cosmetic dentistry services, please give us a call at (407) 293-3002. We look forward to giving you the smile that you deserve!