Do you wish there was a way to make your process with braces easier? Well, we are happy to grant your wish with these seven tips and tricks to having a successful and comfortable experience with braces!
1. Make sure you keep a toothbrush and toothpaste with you. Food can easily get stuck in your braces, and if that happens, it can be very unattractive and embarrassing. If you brush your teeth after you eat, you will never have to worry about having a food-filled smile.
2. Don’t forget your floss! Sometimes the process of brushing your teeth is unsuccessful in freeing the food stuck in your braces. If you floss your teeth after you eat, you will have the clean, beautiful smile you are proud of.
3. Make sure to keep your orthodontic wax with you. There are times when your braces will bug and poke you, which is when the wax comes in handy! When you place the wax over the uncomfortable sections of your braces, you will go throughout the day with the comfort and confidence you need.
4. Don’t forget your chapstick. Braces tend to make your lips chapped, and it is best to keep your lips refreshed and smooth by using chapstick.
5. Make sure you keep a small mirror with you. There are going to be times when you can’t take a trip to the restroom to check your braces. If you have a mirror with you, you can check your braces at any time and there won’t be a need for the extra visits to the ladies and boys rooms.
6. If you are a musician or athlete, don’t forget your mouth guard! A mouth guard is a beneficial and successful appliance that protects your teeth, cheeks, lips, and tongue while you are playing instruments and sports.
7. Last but not least, don’t forget to smile! Many are embarrassed by their braces, but you don’t need to be one of them. Braces are very common, and there is no need to be ashamed of them. Be proud of your smile and show it off to the world!
For more tips and tricks about having a great and successful experience with braces, call our office today. Our orthodontist is delighted to help you get through your orthodontic treatment with confidence and success!